Fork and Dig It
Founded in 2007, Fork and Dig it is a Community Food Growing Project committed to Organic Principles;
HEALTH, ECOLOGY, FAIRNESS, CARE.
We grow fruit and vegetables on 3 acres of Soil Association accredited organic land within Stanmer Park. A member of Stanmer Organics we are located on the fringe of Brighton in the South Downs National Park, an area of outstanding natural beauty.
We practice and teach sustainable agriculture with a sensitive approach towards land management, biodiversity and the environment. Our approach is informed by both traditional organic farming techniques and the no-dig method.
Whilst encouraging healthy, active lifestyle, our work aims to develop a closer, more meaningful connection to our food, each other and to the soil.
Here’s a flavour of what you can do with us:
- Brighton Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Fruit and Veg Share – receive a weekly share of our harvest, regularly join us onsite and become a member of our growing community.
- Training – The Principles and Practice of Organic Food Production – a free 1 year traineeship on organic food production and how to run a CSA
- Education days – for nurseries, schools, colleges, universities
- Team building away-days – for companies, corporates and groups
- Workshops – pick, cook and learn, jam and pickle making, hape-zome leaf printing and successful composting
- Volunteering – enjoy learning how to grow food, share meals and meet like minded people
- Food Events – regular celebrations of our delicious organic harvest
We provide the people of Brighton access to a hands-on organic farming experience, a regular supply of organic food that has a very low Carbon footprint, a crop share that offers variety and promotes seasonal eating,
Visitors are welcome.
Fork and Dig It Management Team (Tim, Andy and Jools)
Fork and Dig It is open to the public on Fridays 48 weeks a year. We farm Tuesdays and Thursdays and harvest our veg share on a Friday for same day delivery.
- Our Friday volunteer day runs from 10:00 till 3:00pm, lunch is at 12:30.
In addition to these days we have a number of events, workshops and Sunday volunteer sessions in 2019 on the follow dates:
- Feb 3rd, Seedy Sunday – BHASVIC
- Feb 10th, The Sunday volunteer days – 11:00 till 3:00pm
- Feb 17th, The Sunday volunteer days – 11:00 till 3:00pm
- March 10th, The Sunday volunteer days – 11:00 till 3:00pm
- April 28th , The Sunday volunteer days – 11:00 till 3:00pm
- May 19th, The Sunday volunteer days – 11:00 till 3:00pm
- June 8th, Stanmer Organics Open Day
- June 30th, The Sunday volunteer days – 11:00 till 3:00pm
- July 21st, Annual “Jam and Jelly Making” workshop – 1:00 – 4:00pm
- September 8th, Annual “Fermenting, Pickling and Preserving” workshop – 1:00 – 4:00pm
- September 22nd, FADI site closed, CSA-Tent in Apple Day Festival)
- October 6th, The Sunday volunteer days – 11:00 till 3:00pm
- November 24th, The Sunday volunteer days – 11:00 till 3:00pm
We have a shared lunch on the Sunday sessions at around 1:00pm. Come and get involved. Volunteers help make Fork and Dig it happen. Please bring boots or wellies and a packed lunch and check the weather to make sure you bring the right gear
You don’t have to let us know you’re coming, just coming on down to:
Fork and Dig It CSA
Opposite the Earthship
For more information visit our website: Click Here
or find us on Facebook: Click Here